The Australian Psychedelic Society (APS)Is an organisation seeking to connect Australia’s psychedelic community to benefit, enjoy and contribute to their culture in a safe and supportive environment.
The APS is part of a global movement of psychedelic societies already established in places like the USA, UK and other European nations.
By creating a cohesive network, it is hoped that changes in drug policy, education and psychedelic use will be established based on evidence-based information, rather than fear-based propaganda.
- Advocate: For the interests of the psychedelic community.
- Represent: Provide an informed and balanced public voice for the psychedelic community in political and social forums.
- Engage: Facilitate the creation and delivery of resources to strengthen community education, cohesion and direction with a focus on reducing harms and maximising benefits.
- Educate: Help to educate the community on evidence-informed effects and best-practice. Seeking to reduce the stigma associated with drugs in the wider community, using an evidence-based approach.
- Network: Provide a hub from which related groups can meet and coordinate, creating greater cohesion and power from which social change can arise.